Many new cryptocurrency investors are looking to buy litecoin due to the fact it increased in price significantly in 2017. Right now, the easiest way to buy litecoin is to use the Coinbase app. You may not want to use Coinbase because it has higher fees than other exchanges, but it is also the fastest and easiest way to invest.
How to buy litecoin on Coinbase
- Download the Coinbase app on your smartphone
- Enter all personal information
- Enter banking information
- Enter credit card information to buy immediately (higher fees!)
- Scroll down on home screen to Litecoin and press on the chart
- Click the blue "Buy" button
- Enter in the amount of LTC you want to buy or USD amount you want to spend
- Press buy at the top right hand side
- Confirm your purchase
Depending upon what payment type you used, you may not receive your coins for a few days. The table below will help you determine which payment method is best for you.
Coin Settlement Time
We highly encourage you to use a bank account as your payment method over using a credit card. At a nearly 5% fee, you are putting yourself upside down on your trade instantly. Not to mention that cryptocurrency prices on Coinbase are typically higher than other exchanges.
You can read our full Coinbase review here.
If you need help sending your litecoin to your hardware wallet check out this step by step guide.